Monday, July 18, 2016

Challenge Update!

So, I'm 2 weeks into my challenge. I had to start after the holiday because I had family in town and there was too much food to avoid. Firstly, my little accountability group has 24 people in it! It's a mixture of real life friends and mommy group Facebook friends. It's quieter on there than I had hoped, but recipes are still being shared and support is still given!

How have I been doing with it? Well... My chocolate intake is definitely LOWER than what it was. I've only had chips twice since I officially started. I have had a few snack cakes over the weekend in a moment of weakness. Other than that, I've been doing pretty good! No white bread, fried food, fast food...nothing!

I've noticed if I keep up on my water intake, I don't have time to eat junk and I don't get hungry as often (duh)... but this means up my water by A LOT (for me). I try to drink 24 oz of water between breakfast and lunch at work. Some days are great and I get in 70 oz of water before 4 pm...other days I only get 24-48 a day. There were even a couple days last week I only drank 8 oz of water ALL DAY. I know, I know! So terrible. It's better than it was I guess, but not where I need to be.

So, even as good as I've been doing, I still haven't lost any weight. I did lose 1.5 lbs in the beginning of last week but it's back already. I've realized the flaw in my challenge - just cutting out certain things doesn't really work if you are replacing them with other bad things that are not on the list.

Chris and I are struggling to work out on a regular basis. Something is always coming up that doesn't allow us to go together. We are going to have to come up with another way to do this I think. Maybe some at home, body weight workouts from nerdfitness.com or something.

I have my first fill after having the baby in about 5 weeks. I wish it was sooner but I made a promise to Chris that I would get my eating habits/lap band rules under control first. I've been so lax in following my rules that it's like I've forgotten HOW to be a good bandster. My bites are too big. I don't chew my food enough. I eat too fast. I don't measure my portions well enough. I drink more than I should when I'm eating. Basically doing everything I KNOW is wrong. This is called 'eating around the band'. I've been getting a little better at some things, but others I really am struggling with. I'm hoping to get a food scale in a couple weeks however, and looking forward to re-learning what an actual cup of food looks like.

I have a physical appointment scheduled with my primary doctor in a couple weeks as well. I told her I wanted to do some bloodwork for my vitamin levels so I can take those into my lap band doctor when I see them. I haven't had any blood drawn since I found out I was pregnant in February of 2015 so it will be interesting to see how they've changed! At that time, my vitamin D was low, as was my B12. 

I have some stressful things going on in my life right now that are probably hindering my progress a little as well. Pretty soon school will be starting and that will add to my everyday stress as well, so I can't really use that as an excuse for long.

Life, I've noticed, is always stressful and it will never be easy or calm or 'normal'.

Until next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment