Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dusting off my lap band

Ahoy there! Well, since my last depressing post not much has changed!

I'm still fatter than I want to be. I'm still struggling with motivation. My baby is 6 months now and more adorable every day. He is sitting up almost unassisted, giggling, mumbling, screeching, rolling over and over, and is really just the light in my life right now. Life is hectic and busy to say the least. Oh, and we are looking to buy a new house. Yay for stress!

I stopped breastfeeding about a month ago because Xander didn't have the patience anymore. He had gotten to used to bottles and my supply had stalled terribly after pulling a muscle in my back. So...that means I'm cleared (by me) to get a fill! I have a couple small doctor bills to pay off still (well, and a big one but I'm making payments on that mother), but I figured by the time I actually GET a bill for this appointment, I should have those other ones paid off. I also really wanted to get in before the beginning of the year and everyone makes their New Years resolutions to get weight loss surgery. 


So, I called Dr. Diaz's office today and shockingly got scheduled for 2 weeks from today! December 4th is my fill date and I couldn't be more thrilled. I'm stalking the Lap Band Talk message boards again (which have since been renamed MyBariatricPal.com) to refresh my mind and get back into the small bites/small portions mindset. I don't think my first fill will do much in terms of restriction, but I'm hoping to get 1-2 cc's put back in. Before, we were going slowly due to swelling, but I'm hoping to speed that process a bit for billing purposes. I'm going to try to not get my hopes up though.

So here I am, starting all over again. I did it once, I can do it again. I'm just going to keep reminding myself that when I get frustrated, stuck, or really pissed that I can't eat french fries. I don't need you in my life french fries! Bugger off!

Just wanted to give you all a quick, more positive update. I will post baby pictures and new 'before' pics after my fill in December. I'm also going to try to get back to posting at least monthly here to keep myself on track! Wish me luck!

2 comments: