Friday, May 4, 2012

A year ago today...

Do you know what today is? Yes, it is "May the 4th be with you". It is also, sadly, the day that Adam Yauch (aka MCA - 1/3 of the Beastie Boys) has died after a 2 year battle with cancer. But it is also, my one year bandiversary!

A year ago today, I was willingly walking into an OR to have an elective surgery that would forever change me. I wasn't nervous, or scared, or anxious. I had no butterflies in my stomach. I was having a casual conversation with the nurse leading me down the hallway about my hair and how long it was. I wasn't nervous because I was ready. I was beyond ready. I did research for years before getting this surgery. I knew this is what I needed to finally lose weight and keep it off.

So, where am I today? Well, currently, I have an awesome chest cold. It just shifted from my head to my chest. It has dragged me down all week. I worked out Monday morning but the rest of this week was a total fail. I'm not beating myself up about it though. I'm sick. I need to rest. Next Monday, you can bet my ass will be back in the gym at 5:30(ish) in the morning.

I'm 75 lbs down. That is crazy. I'm over half way to my goal of losing 130 lbs total and I'm 25 lbs away from losing 100 lbs. I'm 20 lbs away from ONEderland (being under 200 lbs)! I can't tell you how amazing it will be to be under 200 lbs again. I'm one clothing size away from fitting into a TON of clothes in my closet. (YAY for shopping for "new" clothes in my closet!)

I still have days where I feel huge. Like when my clothes don't look right or I can't seem to find anything that fits. I still feel self conscious when I'm out sometimes. But for the most part, I feel awesome.

I'm not feeling super chatty tonight. I have a lot I want to say but I'm not sure how to get it out (Thanks cold medicine!) So I will leave you with comparison pics! 1 year and 75 lbs...with new hair, new glasses, and new clothes!

Last night, 75 lbs down!
Night before surgery

1 comment:

  1. w00ts! Look at you, you sexay biotch! How far till you are back around the weight you were when you lost it the first time? You should do another post when you hit your "lowest yet"!! :) That's got to be soon, right? :) (I have NO idea what year that was.. so I hope you know what I'm talking about. lol) Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete