Monday, December 5, 2011

Holidays ahoy!

Well, it's happening. Whether you want it to, or not. The holidays (and it's awesome weather) are upon us. I meant to update after thanksgiving, but well, I'm a busy bee! My turkey day was pretty sweet! The husband and I made a trip up to Ft. Wayne to visit my mom's side of the family. I'm fairly certain this is the first time Chris has had Amy holidays off, so it was a real treat! I ate about a tablespoon of everything I wanted and about 4 oz of turkey (and a few crackers and beef and onion cheeseball because I have a cheese problem). I had my low-fat pumpkin cake for dessert and was not stuffed or starving when I left! I also did not feel like I was missing out! I was actually satisfied! *high five for me!* 

A few days after thanksgiving, I weighed myself. I actually LOST 4 pounds!!! (I'm sure some of that was poop, but the number is still awesome! I am finally losing at a steady pace and I really think a lot of that has to do with MyFitnessPal! It's pretty awesome and now I have some friends on there! I've lost a bit more since then and I am officially 3.5 lbs away from losng 50 lbs! I. Am. Stoked! I think once I get my poo situation under control things will go much smoother. (no pun intended) 

In other news, I think FINALLY, after 5 years of being out of retail I am finally starting to enjoy Christmas again! Its a strange feeling being in the "Christmas spirit" again. Even though I'm not a kid anymore and I don't have kids of my own, I'm still finding myself excited at the thought of the holidays. We put up a little tree we got last year and I found some awesome stockings my step grandma made us a bit ago. I never realized how special the things she always made us were until she passed. Funny how life works that way. I am very greatful for all the things she's made for me now...even if I wasn't as excited about them when I was younger. They mean a lot to me now. Thanks grandma Dowling! <3

Oddly enough, I'm also looking forward to Christmas parties this year! Last year, I was basically at my heaviest and felt like a huge fatty at every party I went to. This year, I found a cute dress in my closet to wear to Chris's LAST military Christmas party and I even bought HEELS to wear with it (ok, they're kitten heels, but that still counts! Right?) This party will be bittersweet for myself and my husband. I will post pics of my outfit when I vet a chance! (Hopefully it will be one of those gross, cute couple pictures when Chris and I both look nice!) 

Well, I must be off! My lunch break update has come to an end! I will be sure to keep everyone updated on my progress as the holidays continue and as soon as I hit my 50 lb loss I will post pics! Until then!

3 comments:

  1. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for you (as you already know) but I'm totally loving some of your typos this entry. :) Hehehe. Are Amy holidays different from others??? ;) Love you!!! So proud - keep up the awesome work! You can hit 100 down before the end of your year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Don't judge me! I typed ALL of this out on my PHONE! And I did proof read it, but obviously, I suck at that. lol Amy holidays are pretty much the same, btw :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you Erin. Such an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete