Friday, August 5, 2011

It's ALIVE

It would seem that I have been slacking, but in reality, I have not! These past 3 weeks have been full of goings-on for myself. They include: visits from family and friends from out of state, family drama, job drama, birthday parties (for my husband!) and most upsettingly the loss of my dog, Roxie (who's adorable face is my profile picture). I don't have an urge to talk about any of these things, but suffice to say I have been more stressed than I can remember. This also has attributed to the fact that I have slacked off in the exercise department and have not worked out in almost 3 weeks. I just have not had time to juggle life, visiting friends/family, and working out. Things should be going back to normal as of today, so I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things today or tomorrow.
My weight has fluctuated a bit, but I was (at one point) finally past that stupid 20-pound mark and was actually down 26 pounds! I haven't even thought about scales or calories or water consumption in the last 2 weeks (although portions sizes I can never forget, but I could go for another fill on my next appointment on Aug 22). I know I am up a few more pounds since I last checked but I am not worrying about it until I get back into my work-outs. All of this stress has also NOT helped the constipation problem. I am happy to say, it's finally getting better now that things are slowing down (and the fact that I went to the Brickyard 400 on Sunday and did nothing but drink water)!
I am determined to get back on track now that things are slowing down and getting back to 'normal'. (At least as normal as they can be with the big hole my dog left in my house and my heart when she died...I am still very heartbroken as it has only been 3 weeks and it was very sudden and unexpected.) I still have an end goal to all this and I am trying not to lose sight of that. I also determined if I can lose an average of 10 pounds a month for the next year I will be 10 pounds from my goal of 130 pounds and I really feel like if I could lose 120 pounds I would be okay with that weight before trying to start a family. But that is a whole other chapter in this blog so I will save that talk for about 10-12 months down the road.
I really haven't even gotten on a computer at home since my last blog post, nor have I had time to contemplate anything profound or even somewhat interesting. I did, however, get a new cell phone (iPhone FTW!) and am able to update my info on the Realize band website from my phone now! Of course, I haven't lately for the reasons mentioned above, but I can do it from my phone now and don't have to worry about using my big computer to mess with it. (I usually use my Netbook and it is too small for the java script screen that pops up when you sign in.) I'm sorry I don't have much else interesting to say, but I wanted to stop in and say hello and give a quick update on my progress (or lack of right now, I guess). Hopefully, I will come back in a couple weeks with some NSV (nonscale victories) and other awesome things to share!
Until then.

Sorry if my post was a downer, but I really am trying to stay positive!

1 comment: