Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So close to tuna-heaven!

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for their encouraging words on here and on FB and LBT and through email regarding my pseudo-depressing post last night. I was just miserable but your positive words really helped keep me on track and remind myself that I am healing right now and that's what I should be focused on!

After last night and waking up starving this morning, I broke down and emailed one of the dietitians at St. Vincent's before work this morning. She basically suggested I spread out my protein shakes and only drink them when I am hungry (that way they go to good use). I was going to spread them out anyway, but I didn't think about drinking them only when hungry. I'm more of a schedule person. So, that is my plan for tomorrow. Oh, and there will be tuna salad (with a few fancy Special K crackers!).

I have my eggs boiling right now I am soooo excited! (How sad is that? lol) Today was not nearly as bad at work with the hunger. I drank half of my protein shake in the morning and half in the afternoon. I also had strawberry yogurt for breakfast and lunch and it seemed to keep me feeling fuller for longer (because it has protein). Well, it felt that way until I drank water, then not so much. AND I forgot my Jell-o this morning! DUH ERIN! I was just so tired this morning (and all day really - SUPER busy at work lately). I'm not used to getting up at 6:30 yet :/. Tomorrow I am getting up at 6 to shower and make myself 1 delicious scrambled egg and to enjoy 1/8 cup (that's 2 tablespoons if you're curious) of Cheerios (but I am fudging a bit and doing Honey Nut Cheerios because well....they're better!). I. Am. So. Excited!

I will probably scour the Lap Band Talk message boards tonight for mushies recipes so I don't get bored eating this way for a month...wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Girrrl, you'd better be good! All that fudgin' might add up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is THAT much difference between the two...especially in 2 tablespoons-worth. :p If there is a better tasting option - I'm going for it! I see no sense in starving and eating something that is bland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grumbly stomach commiserates with yours - keep up the good work chica. And you made it to tuna time! Bring on the mushies! You'll have to share your favorite mushie recipes with us. :) You're on your way, baby!
    And yes - careful on your cheating. You'd be surprised what goes into stuff just to make it taste better.. I never noticed until I started comparing things at the grocery.

    ReplyDelete