Saturday, May 7, 2011

Post-op day 4

So I've gotten quite a few questions lately, and i figured other people were probably curious too so I am going to do a little 'do it yourself' mini-questionnaire.

1. How are feeling?/How is your pain?
I'm not doing too bad! It hurts to bend and to sit (especially since Chris wasn't here to help me today) and to stand. I only took my pain meds this morning and have been doing okay without them! Chris was talking about seeing a movie later tonight, so if we do that I will probably take one just to be on the safe side. I don't want to be super uncomfortable during a movie. I took my binder off for a few hours today (a thing I wear around my stomach to keep it from giggling and hurting and such) and that went okay, but then I took a shower (for the first time in 3 days...YAY) and decided it would be best to not push it and I put it back on. I also took off my TED hose (really tight stockings that help with leg circulation) earlier today and would be okay with not putting those back on again....ever! They are supposed to be worn until normal activity resumes, but for the weekend, I am more active now than I usually am! (Sad, but true.) I went on a walk this morning after breakfast up and down my street and it felt pretty good! I even used my pedometer to keep track of my steps. I would still say the most pain I feel is gas pains and hunger pains (which totally sucks!)

2.
What do your incisions look like?
I have 6 total incisions. They are all almost in a row. 4 of them are about 1/2 inch wide, the one by my belly button is about 1-1.5 inches, and the one where my port was placed is about 2 inches. And, for an added bonus I have a pic! Don't mind my gross stomach and the lighting was weird so any yellow you see is just bruising.


So there are 3 on YOUR left, my belly button, and 2 on your right.

Other things:

I am still pretty itchy with or without the binder and I can see where my stomach is still swollen but I have lost the water weight from the hospital already (which was only about 2-5 pounds anyway). I am also incredibly HUNGRY! My tummy is very rumbly! I did have 2 BM's today so that was a great sign that I can start my protein shakes! I already had about 6 oz of one and it made me feel pretty full but it didn't last that long (I think it maybe caused some of my bloating). I think it is because some of the pain I feel is gas and some is hunger and I just can't tell the difference! That's probably the most annoying part. I just can't wait to eat some REAL food! Once my week is up (next Wednesday, ugh) I can start eating 'mushies' like eggs and tuna salad or chicken salad (YAY) I can't tell you how amazing tuna salad with a hard boiled egg in it sounds! I was looking up different recipes last night on the Lap Band Talk message boards and it was a terrible idea because then I was REALLY hungry! (Lots of good ideas though!) Speaking of food, I took my yucky carapace liquid stuff about 45 mins ago so I get to eat some mashed potatoes soon! This is also very rough! I know I COULD eat more than 2 oz but I'm not supposed to. I have NEVER had this much control, but I am sticking to it and if I need more after that I will finish my tolerable protein shake. I am pretty darn excited about these mashed potatoes too!

Band Stats:

This is something not many people care about but I talked to my surgeon about it before the surgery because I just needed to know what he was putting in me. So here is the info about my band:

Realize Band
12 cc

He chose this band because he thinks the website is better and more patient friendly. I didn't have a real preference because I knew they both worked the same way. I am glad with his decision and I have a little card with a code on it to get to their website. I am going to check it out tonight probably.

If you have any more questions please feel free to post it on the comments or email/facebook/message me on LBT and I will be glad to answer them!

And on that note, I'm outta here to go make my awesome instant mashed potatoes!


<3 Erin

3 comments:

  1. w00ts! Keep up the good work, lady! :) Hope the gas/hunger pains become distinguishable soon - or really that the gas pains just go away, lol
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gurrrl, I'll make you some REAL mashed potatoes!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I would have loved REAL mashed potatoes but I could only have instant :)

    ReplyDelete