Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mushies and then some

I wasn't going to post again tonight for fear of being annoying, but I had to talk about a few things.

Firstly, yes. Oh. Yes. My tuna salad was amazing (thanks to my mom, because she makes the BEST tuna salad EVER and now I can make it!). I had 3 oz of tuna salad with 10 Special K crackers (which are the size of stamp) and it was uh-mazing. Dinner was 1 oz of tuna salad and 3 oz of green beans. Yes, I went over on my ounces BUT it was green beans not cake...I also had Chris dress them up a little with whatever seasonings he puts on them and it was yummy! (Thanks babe!) So, overall mushies is going swimmingly. I am still hungry from time to time but as I find new things to eat and start cooking some chicken, I think it will help bunches.

Other than that, I am healing quite well. I am moving better and better every day and I did not wear my binder at all today! I haven't decided if I am going to wear it to bed yet....I think I will just see how I feel, who knows, I may even feel frisky and sleep on my right side! That would an awesome change! One of the steri-strips came off today, from my incision on the far right. Looks good so far...I am eagerly awaiting when the rest fall off! Two out of the 4 on my largest incision are about to fall off as well so here's hoping!

Onto the last thing I wanted to talk about quickly tonight... As I said previously, I have the Realize Band and my surgeon chose that because he believes the website is more user friendly. Well, I checked it out tonight and let me just say... WOW He was right!

The Realize Band website is seriously awesome! Not only can you post pics for comparison, track your weight loss (with a little digital you that gets smaller as you do) and measurements, but it also has sections for fitness goals and tracking, reminders and tips to keep you on track, doctor's appointments and fill updates, and a menu tracker to fill out what you eat, how much water you drink, and if you take your vitamins AND a few things more I'm sure I have forgotten. It also has all of my surgeon's info on it and he is able to see my progress as well! Now, I know you can do all of this on your own but when it is all in one place and so neatly organized it is so, so much better. Thank you Dr. Diaz for choosing the Realize Band for my band!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! The site sounds really great! Keeps you accountable, and builds community!! <3

    ReplyDelete