Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

First and foremost, I want to wish a Happy Memorial Day to all and a huge thank you to all of our troops - past, present, and future. We would not be where we are today without all of you and for that I will be eternally greatful. I especially would like to include all of my grandfathers (and grandmothers), uncles, friends, and most importantly, my wonderful husband. I love you and I am so proud of what you do for your country (even if you don't always think it is enough).

Onto band news! Everything here is going pretty smoothly. I can tell my portion sizes are a bit bigger than they should be, but its just 4-6 oz instead of 2 oz. I felt a little out of control after the wedding (even though I didn't eat that badly) so I am trying to keep with my smaller portions so I don't make any huge mistakes. The wedding went great by the way! I tried my best not to feel like the fattest girl there (even though I was) and it worked until I saw some pics of myself from the wedding that were not so flattering (like all of them...well there was one of Chris and I that I liked). There were only a few minor issues and the rest of it went smoothly (thank God!) I had a few 'bad' things while I was there, but they were small and did not follow me home.

The only problem I am having right now is getting all my protein and water. For the record, Muscle Milk Light is terrible! At least the chocolate kind is. I will NEVER buy it again. ICKY! I was never happier to get back to my cheap Walmart protein mix! This week I am going to get vanilla protein mix and some fruit and things to mix in with it to make them taste better and have fruit in them too! I'm pretty excited about mixing up the protein shakes and making them more interesting. I am not having any REAL cravings, but I do have a lot of temptations and I will admit I take a bite of things here and there that I feel can't resist. I do NOT, however, take more than that. I also still get occasionally grumpy at Chris (or anyone else around me really) for eating things I can't eat around me. I know I will just have to get past this since it will be that way forever, but it still gets to me on occasion right now. I'm working on it though!

Last Tuesday was my first support group meeting since my banding and it was super fun! Everyone there has only had gastric bypass so they all had lots of questions about my experience and there was even a new girl there who was considering lap band! This made me really happy as I like to share my experience and answer any questions anyone has for me. I gave her my email and a link to my blog in hopes of helping her make an informed decision about the lap band surgery. I also want to encourage ANYONE who reads this blog who has any questions about anything regarding my surgery please ask! Email me, facebook me, message me, comment on here, call/text me - anything!

My one month checkup is this Thursday and I can't wait! I get to meet with the dietitian first and I am going to bring my food diary (which I fill out truthfully everyday) and then I get to see my surgeon and hopefully get the go-ahead to work out for real and HOPEFULLY get a fill! I am trying not to get my hopes up on that but I can't help but be excited. On that note, as of today I have lost 16 pounds total :) AND I think I am starting to see it! Wednesday, I plan on taking another set of pictures to add to my collection...I may or may not put them up here. Depending on if I think there is a noticeable difference...

Well, I better get off here!

<3 Erin

1 comment:

  1. OMG! 16lbs! I'm so proud of you!!! I'll be crossing my fingers for you and sending good vibes Thursday :) May the bandster hell come to an end!

    ReplyDelete