Sunday, April 17, 2011

So many questions...

...so little time! (Sorry for confusing anyone with my layout change! I got bored one day!)

I got a phone call on Friday evening from the doctor's office about my pre-op testing. Apparently, I have been scheduled to do that on the 22nd. (The day after my all-day nutrition class.) I have very mixed feelings about this, mostly because I wasn't told about it until the lady called to ask me questions about it! Sadly, I know these things happen at doctor's offices so I'm trying to not be annoyed. For those of you that don't know, the pre-op testing consists of an upper GI, an EKG, a pulmonary function test, blood work, and a chest x-ray. I was going to try to possibly get testing done at my office, but I figured since it was so close to my surgery it would be safer to get it all done in one day at the same place where I know they will get my results in on time.

I'm getting more excited thinking about the pre-op testing. I have a lot of questions still though for the people at the Dr. Diaz's office about the whole process. I haven't gotten my 'this is how things happen' packet yet, so I feel a little in the dark. I need to ask her if I can fax FMLA paperwork to them to get it filled out before my doctor's appointments, or at least by the time I get there on Thursday. Especially since I have that 1/2 day appointment on Friday now. (I have a feeling it will take more than 1/2 a day though. I'm really hoping I don't get any repercussions for having to take Friday off too. I will probably go in on Saturday and try to make it up and get some of my work done.) I also have to ask about when I'm supposed to start the liquid diet, when/if I need to stop taking my medications, how long the surgery will and how long I will be in the hosp (as in, if I need to stay overnight since my surgery is at 12:30 in the afternoon), and I need to ask if I have to take out my nose ring. I have read some places that don't make them take out the jewelry that doesn't get in the way, but I feel like I won't be so lucky. I may try to get one of those plastic-y ones for the surgery. So much to find out! I have it all written down to ask her when I call her on Monday. Hopefully, she will call me back that same day. (Although I won't hold my breath because, again, I know how doctor's offices work.)

My mom is going with me to the nutrition class on Thursday so my husband can go to class. (His semester is almost over, yay!) And he will go with me to all my pre-op testing. The only thing that sucks about my surgery date is that his is finals week! I feel bad, but I know we can work around it. I tried to tell him it wasn't a big deal if he couldn't be there, but he wasn't having any of that conversation. I think he is just going to try to take his finals for that day earlier in the week, or the week before. I hope his teachers understand (from what I understand, they kind of have to since it will be FMLA) and cut him some slack. I won't lie and say I don't care if he comes to my surgery or not (I will be sad) but his finals are too important! I hope he can take them early just for his sake. I know if he takes them that day he will be too worried about me to concentrate (bless him).

On top of all this, my allergies are going NUTS! My sinuses are having a head-pounding party 24/7 and have been for the last 5 freakin days! I have been taking generic Claritin D but I'm hoping to get off that by tomorrow. I don't want to be on any more medications than I have to before my surgery. I don't want anything to cause problems and push my date back! Oi. SO MUCH INFORMATION.

Oh! And I did also realize that I should probably put some 'before' pics up soon. As soon as the husband and I get some free time, we will be doing that and I will post some pics of myself (so NOT excited for this).

Anywho, sorry for the rambling!

1 comment:

  1. Eek! I somehow missed this entry! Glad I was able to catch it in my feed :) DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR BEFORE PICS!!! You'll love to be able to see your progress afterward! Just think. Once you post the pic you can look at it and say "I will never look like that again" if it will make you feel better. :) View it as a positive thing!

    ReplyDelete