Thursday, March 3, 2011

patience is a virtue

Trying, trying, trying to be patient!

My request was sent in to my insurance last Wednesday. I talked to TriCare and they said I had to allow 7-10 business days for processing. I also finally got signed up to get onto the mytricare.com website (which is way more work than you would imagine because it is a military website) so now I can diligently check my request status EVERYDAY whenever I feel like it! I like it because now I don't have to nag them over the phone, but now I am constantly checking it whenever I am at a computer!

I checked today and my request is still 'processing'. I suppose that's better than if it were to be denied. Now, I just have to hope and pray that when I do get approved they approve me right away and do not require the 6 months of additional dieting (I'm hoping they will attribute my last go at Weight Watchers as that 6 months.)

Not much else has been going on with me. My life has been a little crazy this week but such is life I suppose.

Just wanted to give a little update...hopefully I'll have more (good) news tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yey! An update!! I've been so curious.. Sucks that things are movin' like molasses in January. BUT, you should know that if for any reason they do require that extra 6 months of dieting, you might be able to talk to a patient advocate/tricare rep at the clinic and he/she might be able to help you further. I've heard amazing things happen via tricare from spouses who really plead their cases. No guarantees, but just a thought. Glad things are at least "pending". Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex! Things are bit more progressed now! I finally got a hold of someone there and she said my case was misfiled (shock, I know. and in the military no less!) and she would be looking it over on Friday! I'm desperately hoping she calls me by Monday or Tuesday. Yay!

    ReplyDelete